Skip to content
Yuva Prime Minister’s Scheme launched by Ministry of Education for mentoring young author’s
Two minute reads :
The Ministry of Education today launched YUVA- Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors.
- It is an Author Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors belows 30 years.
- The launch of YUVA (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) is in tune with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to encourage young writers to write about India’s freedom struggle.
- It was during Mann ki Baat in January this year that Prime Minister Modi called upon the young generation to write about freedom fighters, and incidents associated with freedom struggle.
- YUVA is a part of India@75 Project to bring to the fore the perspectives of the young generation of writers on themes like Unsung Heroes, Freedom Fighters, Unknown and Forgotten Places.
- About YUVAYouth for Unity and Voluntary Action (YUVA) is a non-profit development organisation committed to enabling vulnerable groups to access their rights.
- YUVA encourages the formation of people’s collectives that engage in the discourse on development, thereby ensuring self-determined and sustained collective action in communities.
- This work is complemented with advocacy and policy recommendations.
- Founded in Mumbai in 1984, currently YUVA operates in the states of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Assam and New Delhi.
- At the community-level, through an integrated 360-degree approach, YUVA delivers solutions on issues of housing, livelihood, environment and governance.
- Through research, YUVA creates knowledge that enhances capacity building.
- Through partnerships in campaigns, YUVA provides solidarity and builds strong alliances to drive change.
Chairman of National Book Trust, India: Govind Prasad Sharma.
Source – Internet.
Thanks for reading :-