Skip to content
Yuka Saso US Opens 2021 : Yuka Saso becomes first Filipino to win US Women’s Open, second to win LPGA Tour Title
One minute read :
Filipino Japanese teenager and LPGA Tour player Yuka Saso has won the U.S. Women’s Golf Tournament at the Olympic Club, San Francisco.
Saso stand with a record of Inbee park as the youngest U. S Women’s Open Winner.
Key points :
- Saso will be handsomely rewarded — and not just with a big trophy and a bigger paycheck ($1 million, to be exact).
- Only two other women with Japanese citizenship have won majors – Hisako Higuchi at the 1977 LPGA championship and Hinako Shibuno at the 2019 Women’s British Open.
- The U.S. Women’s Open is her third professional win.
- She previously won the NEC Karuizawa 72 Golf Tournament and the Nitori Ladies Golf Tournament on the Japan LPGA Tour in 2020, according to Golf Digest.
- Saso overcame back-to-back double bogeys early in the round to make the playoff and then became the first player from the Philippines to win a golf major.
Important takeaways of U. S :
- Capital : Washington
- President : Joe Biden
- Currency : United States Dollar ( USD )
Thanks for reading :-