Skip to content
WhatsApp appoints ‘Head of Payments’ in India : Manesh Mahatme
Two minute reads :
Whatsapp had been appointed former amazon executive Manesh Mahatme as Director to lead the growth of its payments business in India.
As Director WhatsAap payments – India, Mahatme will focus on enhancing the payments experience for users.
Mahatme spent seven years with Amazon Pay, where he served as Director and Board member of Amazon Pay India.
- The company will provide its users with the best payments experience, in a secure manner.
- WhatsApp has immense potential to digitally empower people across segments and help accelerate the Government of India’s efforts to drive financial inclusion through UPI and digital payments.
- WhatsApp’s India Head Abhijit Bose calls Mahatme one of the key innovators driving the growth of digital payments in India over the last decade.
Important takeaways of WhatsApp :
- Headquarters : California : United States
- Founders : Jan Koum, Brian Acton
- Release : January 2009
Thanks for reading :-