Third largest diamond in the world found in Botswana, one of leading producer
Two minute reads :
The World’s third-largest diamond has been found in Botswana, South Africa.
- Botswana is also Africa’s largest producer of diamonds.
- The newly founded stone weighs a little less than the second-largest Lesedi la Rona diamond of 1,109 carats and the largest 3,106 carat Cullinan diamond also founded in South Africa.
- The stone was presented to President Mokgweetsi Masisi on Wednesday by Debswana Diamond Company’s acting managing director Lynette Armstrong.
- It is the third-largest in the world, behind the 3,106 carat Cullinan stone recovered in South Africa in 1905.
- This is the largest diamond to be recovered by Debswana in its history of over 50 years in operation.