Singapore Grand Prix 2021 cancelled : Formula 1 Grand Prix gets off.. Details here!
Two minute reads :
Singapore Grand Prix has been called off this year 2021, and formula 1 is assessing it’s options to replace the race.
The race won’t be taking place due to the ongoing safety and logistic concerns caused by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
There is also the context of immigration restrictions in the city-state..
- Last year’s event was also cancelled due to the pandemic.
- According to the BBC, F1 is weighing up several options as replacements for this year, including Turkey, China or a second race at Austin’s Circuit of the Americas, which is already hosting the U.S. Grand Prix on Oct. 24.
- Turkey had been scheduled as a substitute for the Canadian Grand Prix for June 2021.
- The Chinese GP postponed its 2021 event due to the pandemic.
- Both hoped a race at the tail-end of 2021 would be possible if circumstances change.
About Singapore Grand Prix :
- The Singapore Grand Prix is a motor racing event which forms part of the Formula One World Championship.
- The event takes place on the Marina Bay Street Circuit and was the inaugural night race and first street circuit in Asia designed for Formula One races.
Important takeaways of Singapore :
- President : Halimah Yacob
- Prime minister : Lee Hsien Loong
- Currency : Singapore dollar
- Capital : Singapore