Skip to content
New Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav took charge in Indian government
Ashwini Vaishnaw, former IAS Officer, took charge as the new Railway Minister of India.
He has been appointed as the Railway Minister, Minister of Communications and Electronics, and Information Technology Minister.
He replaced Ravi Shankar Prasad as Minister of Communications, and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology.
Also, he succeeded Piyush Goyal, who has been in charge of the Ministries of Commerce and Industry; Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution; and Textiles.
About Ashwini Vaishnav :
- Ashwini vaishnav, IAS officer holding degrees from IIT Kanpur and Wharton Business School.
- He is a former Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the Odisha cadre.
- He had cracked IAS in 1994 with an all-India rank of 27.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw is an Indian politician, who served 16 years in Indian Administrative Service in Odisha cadre before voluntarily resigning in 2010.
- Odisha got its first-ever railway minister since 1947.
- The revenue of Indian Railways dipped by Rs 36,993 crore in 2020, mainly because the pandemic reduced the revenue from passenger traffic by Rs 32,768.97.
Thanks for reading :-