Skip to content
Most Charitable Countries 2021 : Indonesia tops, India ranks 14 as World Giving Index 2021
Two minute reads :
Indonesia remains in 1st place followed by Kenya.
India is the 14th most charitable country in the world, as per World Giving Index 2021 released by the Charities Air Foundation’s ( CAF ).
- India is now in the top 20 most generous countries in the world which is up from the 10 yrs global rank of 82.
- 61% of the Indians helped strangers, 34% volunteered, and 36% donated money.
- More than half (55 per cent) of the world’s adults – or 3 billion people – reported helping someone they didn’t know in 2020.
- The report says, Scores for India rapidly improved between 2017 and 2019, and this improvement was maintained during 2020.
- The improvement in India is seen across all the age groups and amongst both men and women.
- Indonesia has the highest Index score overall of 69 percent.
- Other countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda, and Kosovo have also moved up in their rankings and made their first appearance in the top 10.
- Only Australia and New Zealand, where the survey was undertaken in the weeks before the first wave of the pandemic took hold, maintained their top 10 rankings.
- The WGI is a global survey, which has interviewed more than 1.6 million people.
Thanks for reading :-