Skip to content
Milkha Singh Passes away : Indian athletics star Milkha Singh dies after catching Covid aged 91
Two minute reads :
Indian sprint legend Milkha Singh passed away in June 2021.
Singh, who was popularly known as the Flying Sikh, died late on Friday in a hospital in the northern Indian city of Chandigarh.
- The legendary athelete was a four time Asian game Gold medalist and 1958 Commonwealth Games Champion.
- His timing at the Italian capital was a national record for 38 years till Paramjeet Singh broke it in 1998.
- He is honoured with the Padma Shri in 1959.
- He also represented India in the 1956 and 1964 Olympics.
- Milkha is survived by 14-time international winner and golfer son Jeev Milkha Singh, daughters Mona Singh, Sonia Singh and Aleeza Grover — and a legacy that is part of India’s sporting lore.
Basic points of Milkha Singh :
- Singh was born in a small village of undivided India, which is now in Pakistan.
- He saw his parents and siblings being killed by a mob during the partition of British India, which left as many as a million people dead and led to the creation of India and Pakistan.
Thanks for reading :-