Skip to content
Largest source of FDI in India 2021 : Singapore remained first, US as second by replacing Mauritius
Two minute reads :
Singapore remained the top source of Foreign Direct Investment in to county for the third consecutive fiscal at $ 17.41 billion.
The US replaced Mauritius as the second largest source of Foreign Direct Investment ( FDI ) in to India during 2020 – 21 with inflows of $ 13.82 billion , according to government data.
- During the last financial year, India attracted $ 5.64 billion in FDI from Mauritius , according to the data by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- Total FDI, including equity, re-invested earnings and capital, rose 10 per cent to the highest-ever USD 81.72 billion, as against USD 74.39 billion in 2019-20.
- In 2020-21, the computer software and hardware sector attracted the highest inflows of USD 26.14 billion.
- It was followed by construction – infrastructure activities (USD 7.87 billion) and services sector (USD 5 billion).
- With the increased cash being introduced in the US economy, it is likely that a chunk of this will flow into India as well.
Important takeaways of US :
- Capital : Washington, D.C.
- President : Joe Biden
- Currency : Dollar
Thanks for reading :-