Skip to content
Largest Reservoir of US : ( Lake Mead : Largest US reservoir deeps to record low )
The largest reservoir in the US dipped to it’s lowest ever level.
- The surface elevation of Lake Mead along the Arizona-Newada border 1,071,56 ft above sea level on 10 June 2021.
- It has sunk about 140 ft since 2000 – which is almost the height of New York city’s statue of liberty.
- Lake Mead, formed in the 1930s from the damming of the Colorado River at the Nevada-Arizona border about 50 km east of Las Vegas, is the largest reservoir in the United States.
- It is crucial to the water supply of 25 million people including in the cities of Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, Tucson and Las Vegas.
- Lake Mead was created by the Hoover Dam .
- Levels have been declining since 2000.
- Droughts have been getting worse in recent years, with scientists saying climate change is exacerbating the situation.
Thanks for reading :-