Skip to content
Kenneth Kaunda Zambia’s president passes away at the age of 97 : 21 days of mourning
Two minute reads :
The first President of Zambia, Kenneth Kaunda, passed away at the age of 97.
Kaunda bin suffer from pneumonia last Tuesday wen dem admit am for hospital, wit one minor chest infection.
- Kenneth Kaunda was the first democratically elected President of Zambia from 1964 to 1991.
- He was also the champion of African independence.
- Di former president of Zambia na one of the founding leaders of post-colonial Africa.
- Di leader of Kenneth Kaunda party Hakainde Hichilema also confam di death.
- Kenneth Kaunda na Zambia first president and giant for di fight against colonialism for dat kontri.
- Kenneth Kaunda lead Zambia from independence from Britain in 1964 until dem defeat am for one multi-party elections in 1991.
- Popularly known as KK, during im presidency he become a tuff critic of apartheid South Africa.
- Kenneth David Buchizya Kaunda bin also frown for white-minority rule for di then Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe.
Important takeaways of Zambia :
- Capital : Lusaka
- President : Edgar Lungu
- Currency : Zambian Kwacha
Thanks for reading :-