Skip to content
India’s First Indigenous Tumor Antigen SPAG9 : DBT – NII receives trademark for SPAG9
Two minute reads :
The SPAG9 developed by the National Institute of Immunology ( NII ) has received the ASPAGNIITM trademark.
- India’s First Indigenous Tumor Antigen SPAG9, discovered in dendritic cell based immunotherapy in cervical, ovarian cancer and will also be used in brest cancer.
- Currently, ASPAGNIITM is being used in dendritic cell based immunotherapy is cervical, ovarian cancer and will also be used in brest cancer.
- DC-based immunotherapy is safe, affordable and can promote anti-tumor immune responses and prolonged survival of cancer patients.
- Cancer kills 8.51 lakh people in India every year. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), one in 10 Indians will develop cancer during their lifetime, and one in 15 will die of cancer.
- It is all the more critical to make extraordinary breakthroughs and innovations for this deadly disease.
- These dendritic cells are primed with ASPAGNIITM and are injected back to the patient to help the ‘fighter’ cells, or T-cells, in the body to kill the cancer cells.
SPAG9 is a novel tumor associated antigen, expressed in variety of malignancies.
However, its role in ovarian cancer remains unexplored. SPAG9 expression was validated in ovarian cancer cells by real time PCR and Western blot.
Thanks for reading :-