Skip to content
Global Peace Index 2021 : The world’s most and least peaceful countries list and highlights
Two minute reads :
It is 15th edition of Global Peace Index, according to level of peacefulness.
India has became the 135th most peaceful country in the world and the 5th in the South Asian countries.
Globally, Iceland was on the top of the peace index followed by New Zealand, Denmark and Portugal.
- Global Peace Index 2021 placed Bangladesh at 91st position compared to 98th of 2020, making it the third most peaceful country in the South Asia place behind Nepal and Bhutan.
- Bangladesh has scored an overall score of 2.68 making it the third most peaceful country in South Asia placed behind Bhutan and Nepal.
- The largest improvement in peacefulness in South Asia occurred in Pakistan, which ranked 150th globally and 6th in the region, by moving up two notches from the previous year’s ranking.
- Afghanistan is the least peaceful country in the world for the fourth consecutive year, followed by Yemen, Syria, South Sudan, and Iraq.
- Out of the 10 most peaceful countries in the world, 8 are from Europe.
- The report points out that the average level of global peacefulness declined by 0.07 percent marking the 9th deterioration in the last thirteen years.
- India has moved up two notches from its previous year’s ranking to become the 135th most peaceful country in the world and the 5th in the region.
Thanks for reading :-