Skip to content
Forbes Billionaires list 2021 : Jeff Bezos retains top position, Elon Musk ranks 2nd
Two minute reads :
The 35th annual list of word’s richest people has been released by Forbes.
- This year the billionaires list include 2,755 billionaires, 660 more than in 2020.
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s CEO has retained continued to top the list, making him the richest person for the fourth year in a row.
- His net worth is $ 177 billion.
- This year billionaires are worth a combined $ 13.1 trillion ( roughly Rs. 9,70,22,800 crores ) up from $ 8 trillion ( roughly Rs. 5,92,50,560 crores ) last year.
Key Highlights of Forbes Billionaires list 2021:
- Elon Musk, the biggest gainer in dollar terms, rocketed in to the number 02 spot with a $ 151 billion.
- A whopping $ 126.4 billon more than a year ago, when he ranked at number 31st and was worth $ 24.6 billion.
- The main reason : a 705% climb in Tesla shares, Forbes said.
- French luxury goods tycoon Bernard Arnault holds on to his spot at number 03.
- Bernard Arnault, chief executive of luxury goods firm LVMH, Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg round out the top five of the world richest person.
- Investor and business tycoon Warren Buffett fell out of the top five for the first time in over two decades, as tech executive dominate the Forbes ranking.
- This year’s list has 493 newcomers, including Whitney Wolf Herd, Chief executive of dating app Bumble, which went public this year.
- India has the third highest number of billionaires in the world after the U.S. and China.
- Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani reclaimed his spot as Asia’s richest person.
- He nudges Chinese business tycoon Jack Ma , who was the richest person in the region a year ago.
Top 10 Forbes Billionaires list 2021 :
- 1. Jeff Bezos $177 Billion Amazon US
- 2. Elon Musk $151 Billion Space X, Tesla US
- 3. Bernard Arnault $150 Billion CEO of LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton France
- 4. Bill Gates $124 Billion Founder of Microsoft US
- 5. Mark Zuckerberg $97 Billion Facebook CEO US
- 6. Warren Buffett $96 Billion Berkshire Hathaway Founder Us.
- 7. Larry Ellison $93 Billion Oracle Founder US
- 8. Larry Page $91.5 Billion Google co-founder US
- 9. Sergey Brin $89 Billion Google co-founder US
- 10. Mukesh Ambani $84.5 Billion Reliance Group Chairman India.
India’s richest persons by Forbes :
Ambani richest in India, also wealthiest in Asia ranks 10th in the Global Billionaires list with estimation of $ 84.5 billions.
Adani Group Chief, Gautam Adani is the second richest Indian and 24 on the global list of billionaires.
HCL founder ranks third as India’s richest person.
India has the third highest number of billionaires, with 140 , followed by Germany 136 and Russia with 117.
The top ten India’s richest person’s list are as follows :
- Mukesh Ambani
Net worth: $84.5 billion
- Gautam Adani
Net worth: $50.5 billion
- Shiv Nadar
Net worth: $23.5 billion
- Radhakishan Damani
Net worth: $16.5 billion
- Uday Kotak
Net worth: $15.9 billion
- Lakshmi Mittal
Net worth: $14.9 billion
- Kumar Birla
Net worth: $12.8 billion
- Cyrus Poonawalla
Net worth: $12.7 billion
- Dilip Shanghvi
Net worth: $10.9 billion
- Sunil Mittal & family
- Net worth: $10.5 billion
Thanks for reading :-