Skip to content
First Indian Female Swimmer to qualify for Olympics : Manna Patel for 2020 olympics
Two minute reads :
21 year old, Maana Patel has become the first Indian female swimmer who has qualified for the upcoming Tokyo Olympics 2020.
She qualified for the event through the universality quota.
Key points :
- Maana Patel will also be the third Indian swimmer to take part in upcoming games after Sajan Prakash and Srihari Natraj.
- The development was confirmed by Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju.
- This development comes after the International Swimming Federation (FINA) accepted the nomination of the Swimming Federation of India (SFI).
- Maana Patel, India’s swimming squad for this month’s Summer Olympics which will take place in Japan’s capital city from July 23 to August 8.
Manna Patel :
- She sustained an ankle injury in 2019 and only made a comeback earlier this year.
- Patel is a decorated athlete having won gold medals in 50 backstroke and 200 metre backstroke also at the National Games.
- She also clinched gold in 100 metre backstroke at the 60th National School Games (2015) breaking the national record in backstroke.
Thanks for reading :-