Skip to content
DUSTLIK military exercise: All important facts ( Every aspirants should know )
Two minute reads :
A joint military exercise between India and Uzbekistan.
- The first edition of DUSTLIK was held in Chirchiq Training Area near Taskent at Uzbekistan in the month of November 13, 2019.
- It was first ever military exercise between the armies of India and Uzbekistan.
- The Curtain raiser of exercise was chaired by the Defense Minister Raj Nath Singh and Defense Minister of Uzbekistan.
- It was held with the focus on counter terrorism.
- The Indian Army contingent was trIained with Uzbekistan Army.
DUSTLIK II : Second joint exercise being held between India and Uzbekistan
The India and Uzbekistan joint military exercise “DUSTLIK II” was being held in the Foreign Training Node Chaubatia at Ranikhet in the state of Uttarakhand.
- It was the second edition of annual bilateral joint exercise of both the armies, being held from March 10-19 , 2021.
- 45 soldiers each from the India & Uzbekistan Army had participated in the exercise which will recreate a Kashmir like counter terror operation.
- To share Expertise & Skills in counter-terrorist operations in mountainous/rural/urban scenario under United Nations ( UN ) mandate.
- Focus on people -centric intelligence -based surgical operations, utilizing technological advancement to minimize collateral damage
Important takeaways of Uzbekistan :
- President : Shavkat Mirziyoyev
- Capital : Tashkent
- Currency : Uzbekistan Som ( UZS )
Thanks for reading :-