Skip to content
COVID-19 testing : ICMR announced guidelines, all key important highlights , you must know
Two minute reads :
The Indian Council of Medical Research announced fresh guidelines for the COVID-19 testing.
The step has been taken as the diagnostic laboratories face difficultly in fulfilling the testing target due to caseload.
What if he or she tested positive or negative :
- Infected individuals who tested positive through RAT advised to practice home isolation and need not to be re – tested.
- RT-PCR test must not be repeated in any individual who has tested positive once.
- If individuals tested negative through RAT must be attached with an RT – PCR facility.
- Must adviced to practice home isolation treatment.
- No testing is required for COVID-19 recovered.
- Individual will be discharged in accordance with the discharge policy of hospital.
COVID-19 testing, important highlights :
- Testing not required for healthy individuals going for inter – state domestic travel.
- Undertaking interstate domestic travel may be completely removed to reduce the burden on testing lab and infections.
- Rapid Antigen Test ( RAT ) to be allowed across all government and private healthcare facilities.
- RAT booths to be set up across healthcare facilities, offices, schools, community centres, collages and other spaces.
- These booths should be operational on 24 × 7 basis to increase accessibility and availability of testing.
- All RAT and RT-PCR tests must be uploaded on the ICMR portal.
- Mobile testing laboratories are now available on GeM portal.
- States are encouraged to augment RT-PCR testing through mobile systems.
What is RT-PCR Test?
- RT-PCR : Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Many specialist consider it to be the most effective test to detect COVID-19 virus in human cells.
- India has been reporting over 3 lakh daily coronavirus cases for over a week.
Thanks for reading :-