Skip to content
Chairman of NHRC 2021 : Appointment Of Justice Arun Mishra As NHRC Chairman
One minute read :
The former Supreme Court judge Arun Kumar Mishra has been appointed as the new Chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission.
Mishra had retired from the apex court in September 2020.
His appointment by the President was made on the recommendation of a selection panel comprised of PM Modi and other senior leaders.
The post has been lying vacant for five months after former chief justice HL Dattu, a former Chief Justice of India (CJI), completed his tenure in early December.
About NHRC :
- The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India is a Statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of 28 September 1993.
About Arun Kumar Mishra :
- Arun Kumar Mishra (born 3 September 1955) is the current and eighth Chairperson of NHRC.
- He is the former Judge of Supreme Court of India.
- He is former Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court and Rajasthan High Court.
- He has also served as Acting Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court.
- He is also former Judge of Madhya Pradesh High Court.
Thanks for reading :-