Bi monthly Monetary Policy RBI : Repo rate unchanged at 4% ; Check full details here!
Two minute reads :
- The Governor of RBI Shaktikanta Das , announced the Bi monthly Monetary Policy review of the Reserve Bank of India.
- The repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility ( LAF ) has been kept unchanged at 4.00%.
- The reserve repo rate under the LAF has been kept unchanged at 3.35%.
- Real GDP growth is expected to be negative.
- The RBI’s MPC has pegged the real GDP growth for FY21 to contract by 9.5%.
- Last month, the government had asked the RBI to maintain retail inflation at 4% with a margin of 2% on either side for another 5 year period ending March 2026.
RBI to provide adequate liquidity :
- The RBI Governor assured that the RBI will ensure that there is adequate liquidity in the system to ensure the productive sectors.
- The apex bank announced fresh leading of RS 50,000 to all India financial institutions.
- Fresh leading of RS. 50,000 crores will be provided to all India financial institutions.
Some important instruments of Bi monthly Monetary Policy RBI :
Reserve repo rate
Marginal standing facility
Important takeaways of RBI :
- Governor : Shaktikanta Das
- Headquarters : Mumbai
- Founded : 1 April 1935, Kolkata