Skip to content
8 Economic measures announced by Sitharaman for relief : Union Minister’s key highlights
Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced 8 economic relief measures to various sectors.
She announced a huge relief for Covid affected sectors , job benefits, easier loans, tourism booster and a step toward great economy.
1) Relief measure for Covid affecters :
- ₹ 1.1 lakh crore loan guarantee scheme for Covid-affected sectors.
- Under this scheme,₹ 50,000 crore would be for the health sector and ₹ 6000 crore for other sectors.
2) Relief measure for Emergency Credit :
- The FM announced additional ₹1.5 lakh crore for the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee scheme.
3) Relief measure for health sector :
- The funding of ₹23,220 crore is aimed to increases ICU beds, oxygen availability, medical equipment availability etc.
4) Relief measures for insurance :
- The Ministry of Finance also announced additional corpus to National Export Insurance Account (NEIA) over 5 years to allow it to underwrite additional ₹33,000 crore of project exports.
- It also proposed ₹88,000 crore boost to export insurance cover.
5) Support for enhancing tourism
- Financial support to over 11,000 tourist guides, tourism stakeholders.
6) Relief for tourists :
- Free tourist visa to 5 lakh tourists.
- The scheme will be applicable till March 31, 2022, or till 5 lakh visas are issued, whichever is earlier.
7) Support for Aatmanirbhar Bharat :
- Extension of Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana.
- FM Sitharaman extended Aatmanirbhar Bharat scheme from June 30, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
8) Support for monetisation.
- New streamlined process for PPP projects and asset monetisation.
Thanks for reading :-